Emerald/Panna (for Mercury): It improves faculties related to brain
such as memory, communication, intuition, the intellect, and the
ability to learn.
- This is normally petal green or dark green in colour.
- Emerald is a hot gem.
- It increases intelligence and brainpower, removes and cures
fickle-mindedness, loss of memory, stammering, fear from souls
and spirits, cools the harsh speech.
- One of the interesting observations about Emerald is that it
is not prescribed for newly-wed couples. It is said that newly
married couples should not use it as it impairs conjugal happiness
due to reduction in sexual desires.
- It is also useful for curing diarrhea, dysentery, gastritis,
peptic ulcer, asthma, insomnia, heart troubles, etc.
- Emerald should be used in gold of 3, 5, 7 or 10 grams on 4th
finger of right hand on Wednesday.
- An Emerald wearer is likey to get sufficient wealth.
- Emerald , which is a Gem of Beryl family, is a silicate of beryllium
- The colour of Emerald is mainly due to traces of chromium replacing
aluminium ions in the hexagonal beryl crystal.
- It has a specific Gravity of 2.71, mean refractive index is
1.58 and hardness is 7.5 on the moh's scale.
Emerald is found in Colombia, Brazil, Russia, Tanzania, South Africa,
India, Australia, Austria, Pakistan, Kenya & Zambia.
In India, Emeralds are found in Rajasthan, Orissa and Madhya Pradesh.
Emeralds from various mines have different kinds of inclusions.
These inclusions can be seen by naked eye or else under magnification.
If no inclusions are seen even under magnification then the chances
are that the Gem under examination is either a piece of glass or
a fake Gem.
The inclusions in Emeralds include flakes of mica, inclusions like
fibre, milky white spots, straw and bamboos and small cubes of rock
salt are also seen sometimes. Black spots are also seen in Emeralds.
Emeralds were formed when lava coming out from the volcanoes got
solidified on the surface of the earth. At this stage its fast solidification
led to certain flaws in its crystal formation and certain foreign
elements also got into it.
The synthetic Emeralds contain 'nail' like inclusions, 'brush-marks'
or chains of bubbles.